Me,Myself et Moi

My photo
Buenos dias world
As I am new to this I thought I would share a few little facts about myself..that is if you're interested

1. Im a half mexican, half turkish (Mexish) born and bred english girl so techincally I am a mongrel.

2. Travelling is an addiction of mine. I find it hard to stay in one place for a long time as I think that this world of ours was made for us to explore.

3. My obsession with food is a little extreme. I used to be one of those girls at school who would ask 'Are you going to finish that?' I love pretty much everthing apart from brussel sprouts and zucchini. I would ban them if I had the power.

4. I could not talk english until I was 6 so my nursery days consisted of Janel bitting the kids to communicate with them. But do not worry. My cannibal days are over...I think.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Le belle bandeau


It was not until last year that I became a bit obsessed with bandos and now it  seems that I cannot go into a shop and leave without buying one. Along my travels, I have bought quite a few little decorative bands, mainly from Sportsgirl and Dotti in Australia and I did love strolling through the little markets in my beloved Mexico looking at the beautiful handmade headpieces. This way of accessorising has been around for many seasons, especially during the summer when we try to achieve that 'hippie festival look', with our long beach-style hair.  I still enjoy wearing these bandos, even though the crisp winter days are slowly starting to haunt us.


Dorothy Perkins £5
Dorothy Perkins £4

 
 
Promod £11
   

 
Dorothy Perkins £2
 






Rock and Rose £21
Asos £8














An accessories label which I have come across recently is Deepa Gurnani, which is a New-York based hair accessories designer label. Each headpiece is individually handcrafted with the finest materials, automatically making these little beauties way out of my price range. However there is no harm in looking and wishing...am I right?

Embellished Headband £60

Split Stone Headband £77.31
 
Pearl and Glass Leaf Headband £53














I have never been much of a winter girl to be honest, which I can either blame on my genes or the fact that I have never really stayed in the UK much when it comes to Christmas time as I always try and find a way to escape to somewhere with a little more sunshine. I suppose this is why my winter accessories department is rather empty. However I have started buying knitted headbands, which apart from keeping my ears warm and cosy, they certainly give your winter-outfit that extra touch of glamour ♥

Oliver Bonas
Heidi Knitted Headscard £13
5 other colours available
Topshop £15




Asos £24
 

Urban Outfitters £10











Topshop £15
 

Asos £16




 

No comments:

Post a Comment