Me,Myself et Moi

My photo
Buenos dias world
As I am new to this I thought I would share a few little facts about myself..that is if you're interested

1. Im a half mexican, half turkish (Mexish) born and bred english girl so techincally I am a mongrel.

2. Travelling is an addiction of mine. I find it hard to stay in one place for a long time as I think that this world of ours was made for us to explore.

3. My obsession with food is a little extreme. I used to be one of those girls at school who would ask 'Are you going to finish that?' I love pretty much everthing apart from brussel sprouts and zucchini. I would ban them if I had the power.

4. I could not talk english until I was 6 so my nursery days consisted of Janel bitting the kids to communicate with them. But do not worry. My cannibal days are over...I think.

Friday 26 November 2010

Je t'aime ♥



As the days are getting darker earlier and the nights colder, I have found that tucking into bed is usually a lot earlier than usual. But instead of immediately paying a visit to the land of dreams, I turn on my laptop and decide to watch a french film. This week I have been hooked on them and possibly it is because I am trying to keep my ability to talk and write french to a passable level or perhaps I have been eating just a few too many macarons and been feeling the frenchness. I have learnt le francais for about 10 years and having the opportunity to work in the wine fanatic country, has made me admire their culture,  fashion, architecture, film...oh yes and how could I forget their food!


Audrey Tautou is one of my favourite actresses and I have seen her in many great french films. Some of you may recognise the beautiful miss from her great performances in "Amélie" or "Coco Avant Chanel". There is just something about her that I admire and I suppose if I could describe her in one word, it would most certainly be 'mignonne'.



I have travelled a bit around France but le marvelleux Paris is certainly one of my favourite places to explore. It has been a few years since I payed the city of love a visit but it certainly is on my to-do list for 2011, even if it is just a few days with me, myself and I. When I think of Paris I immediately think cafes, romance, passion, elegant fashion, exquisite food, smokers everywhere, more romance, perhaps women with their sweet little dogs...and I could go on and on. This is the place that we have all come to adore but one needs to explore outside this safety zone in order to get a feel for the true lifestyle.

I will not even start going on about talking about french designers as I could be here all day. However during the past few weeks I have learnt more and more about the way the French enjoy portraying their sense of style. At the moment I am reading the biography about Coco Chanel by Justine Picardie and I can certainly say that she was no ordinary designer but I guess anyone could see that from her brilliant work.
So I guess I must love you and leave you as mon pain au chocolat is calling me but I will depart and let you ponder on one of my favourite french quotes.

Je me suis souvent repenti d'avoir parlé, mais jamais de m'être tu.
 
I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not.
De Commynes.
PS. If you have never watched a french film and intend you to do so. Add the subtitles, sit and relax. You never know, you may end up enjoying it!

♥

No comments:

Post a Comment