Me,Myself et Moi

My photo
Buenos dias world
As I am new to this I thought I would share a few little facts about myself..that is if you're interested

1. Im a half mexican, half turkish (Mexish) born and bred english girl so techincally I am a mongrel.

2. Travelling is an addiction of mine. I find it hard to stay in one place for a long time as I think that this world of ours was made for us to explore.

3. My obsession with food is a little extreme. I used to be one of those girls at school who would ask 'Are you going to finish that?' I love pretty much everthing apart from brussel sprouts and zucchini. I would ban them if I had the power.

4. I could not talk english until I was 6 so my nursery days consisted of Janel bitting the kids to communicate with them. But do not worry. My cannibal days are over...I think.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Run Horsey Run




As some of you may already know, my fascination for Australia is a little extreme which is why I would allow myself to purchase one of those  " I ♥ OZ " t-shirts, instead of the usual NY ones...
On the first Tuesday of November each year, Australia suddenly freezes and prepares itself for the Melbourne Cup (the biggest event of Australia Race Horsing) but also for one of the most important fashion events of the year. It is a wonderful day for the women to dress up in classic 1950's and 60's looks, mixed with modern designs and of course an occasion to wear those fashionable fascinators. This occasion, the style of the season was all about fresh and vibrant dresses accessorized with fancy headwear designs.













I have never attended a horse race event myself, but if I had the opportunity to do so I most certainly would wear a simple but yet chic pencil skirt suit from the early 1950's. The outfit below may not be a vibrant outfit however its elegance is ideal for this type of occasion and highlights the female form ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment